12.15.2016

Thursday's Gone

So another day down, and this is a much needed day off. Off of work, and a break from projects. Although I am doing some writing and some research.

One of the main reasons for this is that I smashed my hand at work, got a good number of stitches and a little stiffness. Although at the time I said to hell with it, grabbed some superglue, poured a healthy dose into the gaping cut, held it shut with tape, put a glove on and kept on working.

Ten hours later I realized that this was only a temporary fix, even though I do love super glue.

The doctor did a fantastic job of sewing me back together after she scolded me for waiting so long to come in.

In that light, I don't want to over do it, and I will stay away from anything too rigorous for the next few days to keep the cut clean and my hand rested.

So after some household clean up, and some tool maintenance, I am just blogging and taking it easy.

Tool tip of the day: don't worry if you totally chip up your hand plane blade, it can be ground back to a nice straight edge and resharpened. As I had to do today, once I took a peak at the blade on my block plane. Chipped in about 4 places. But back to awesome with the right maintenance.

Alright folks, Thanks again for stopping in to check out the blog. Please take a minute to leave a comment on any post that you like, if you so please. Even though I am using the Blogger platform to host this blog, I do have the commenting feature set up for any user with or without a Google profile. It should be working. If it is not, please use the contact form to the right and let me know! I will fix it ASAP!

Also, feel free to leave your own links in the comments. If you have a blog or a Pinterest or a YouTube channel with projects and ideas that you want to share, POST IT!

Thanks again , and have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment